A highly contagious disease, conjunctivitis is the swollenness or inflammation caused in the conjunctiva, a thin membrane which coats the front of the eyes. Also called 'pink eye' and 'eye flu', it is a condition when a person has sore eyes. Conjunctivitis is infectious and easily be transferable from one person to the other through direct contact. Symptoms for conjunctivitis are inflammation caused on the eyeball and underside of the eyelids. It also causes eye pain, burning, blured vision, feeling of dryness and discharge of a sticky fluid. On a severe stage, it also forms pus over and under the eyelid. The main cause of conjunctivitis is unhealthy and unhygienic state of living but since it is transferable, it may also be caused because of someone in the vicinity has it.
Read more on Weak Eyesight Treatment and Treatment of Redness in Eyes and also visit on Eye problem Treatment
Some facts about eye flu:
1. The disease is caused by virus infection like adenovirus, herpes, simples virus, myxovirus and pox virus.
2. The disease is highly infectious, so if somebody around you is infected there is high risk of you getting infected. So take proper care in order to avoid the infection.
3. There is a myth that the disease spreads just by looking into the eyes of an infected person. But this is not true.
4. If somebody touch the infected eyes the fingers gets infected and if these fingers comes in contact of other person's eyes he may get infected.
5. One may also get infected from swimming pool also.
Symptoms of Eye Flu:
1. Red, swollen eyes.
2. Watery discharge from eyes.