According to the National Sleep Foundation, approximately 70 million Americans have sleeping problems. Most adults (63%) in the US do not get the recommended 8 hours of sleep needed for optimum health.
An active mind can be our worst enemy when trying to fall asleep. This reliable self hypnotic tapping technique can help you let go of what's keeping you up, allowing you to relax, let go, and fall back to sleep.
Self Hypnosis Tapping Technique Steps:
1. Determine the main reason you cannot fall asleep. (What is on your mind? What is going on in your life right now? Stress, worry, sadness, fear…
2. Rate the intensity of the emotion using the 1-10 scale (Ten being the most intense).
3. Make a list of the reason you feel this way.
(I am worried about losing my job because: how will I pay the mortgage, will I be able to find another job, do I have enough money to survive, should I start sending out my resume', how will I provide for my family...)
4. Begin tapping lightly on the following meridian points on one side of your body using your index finger and middle finger with either hand, as you speak or think the phrases.
For a chart of tapping points please go to: www.darrenhiller.com/self-hypnosis-tapping.html
Karate Chop - "Even though I am worried about losing my job, I deeply and completely accept myself." (Repeat 3 times).
Eye Brow (Beginning of your eye brow near the top of your nose) - "Having trouble falling asleep"
Side of the eye - "Worried about losing my job"
Under the eye - "How will I pay the mortgage?"
Under the nose - "Will I be able to find another job"
Middle of the chin - "Do I have enough money to survive"
Under the collarbone - "How will i provide for my family?"
Under the armpit - "Should I send out my resume'?'"
Top of the head - "Why is this happening to me"
5. Take a deep breath.
6. Re-evaluate the intensity level of the issue using the 1 to 10 scale.
7. Tap a second round using the following example.
Karate Chop - "Even though there is this remaining part of me that is worried about losing my job, I choose to deeply and completely accept this how this part of me is feeling and behaving.
Eye Brow (Beginning of your eye brow near the top of your nose) - "This remaining worried part of me"
Side of the eye - "Worried I may lose my job"
Under the eye - "What if I cannot pay the mortgage"
Under the nose - "What if I can pay my mortgage"
Middle of the chin - "What if I cannot provide for my family"
Under the collarbone - "What if I can provide for my family"
Under the armpit - "Why is this happening to me now"
Top of the head - "Maybe there is something better out there for me"
8. Evaluate the intensity of the feeling and continue tapping as needed.